1.Best Technology Blog
Blogs that cover technology matters like social media, internet usage, consumer electronics, mobile phones, tech startups etc.
2.Best Photography Blog
Blogs that showcase original photos or have photography related content.
3.Best Creative Writing Blog
Blogs that feature original creative writing in the form of poetry, book reviews, fiction and essays.
4.Best Business Blog
Blogs that feature business content like business development, entrepreneurship, startups, stocks, investments, banking etc
5.Best Food Blog
Blogs that focus on food, cooking tips, restaurants, wines and recipes
6.Best Environmental/Agricultural Blog
Blogs that focus on the environment and agriculture.
7.Best Fashion/Beauty/Hair/Style Blog
Blogs that highlight current trends in fashion, beauty and style.
8.Best Politics Blog
Blogs that cover political issues in Kenya.
9.Best New Blog
Outstanding Blogs that were set up from January 2014 onwards.
10.Best Corporate Blog
Blogs that are run by brands/companies.
11.Best Topical Blog
Blogs with a clear niche that is not represented in any of the other categories.
12.Best Sports Blog
Blogs that feature sports content.
13.Best Entertainment/Lifestyle Blog
Blogs about the Kenyan entertainment industry and Kenyan lifestyle.
14.Best Education Blog
Blogs about education matters and those run by educational institutions.
15.Best Travel Blog
Blogs about travel.
16.Best Health Blog
Blogs about healthcare and healthy living in Kenya.
17.Best County Blog
Blogs that are based in a County and that feature content from a specific County.
18. Kenyan Blog Of The Year
Best overall blog by a Kenyan
- Only blogs run by people of Kenyan origin, descent or are based in Kenya can be submitted
- Only blogs in English and Kiswahili can be admitted into the competition.
- You may submit your own blog in the submission phase.
- Blogs submitted must be accessible to the public.
- Blogs run by the awards organizing team, judges and sponsors will not be allowed in the competition.
- Blogs that contravene the Kenyan constitution contain or link to any form of insulting, racist, sexist or in any other way discriminatory or obscene content will not be permitted.
- To participate in the contest a blog need only be submitted once. The number of times a site is submitted to the contest does not influence its chances of advancing to the next round or its chances of winning.
- The Blog of the Year nominees will be decided by the judges who will pick the top 5 blogs from the submissions in all the categories.
- Any submission or vote made outside of the allocated time frames will be discarded.
- Previous winners can still participate.
- The judges’ decision will be final.
- The voting phase begins when the judges name the nominees in each of the contest’s categories.
- Voting is allowed only once per category. Nominated bloggers may vote for themselves.
- Voting results will decide the winners in all 18 categories.